West Virginia Drug-Free Workplace Premium Credit Program
West Virginia Does Not Mandate a Discount on Workers’ Compensation Premiums. The Majority of Insurance Carriers will Grant a 5 percent (5%) Discount on Workers’ Compensation Premiums if you implement the following Five Elements:
West Virginia Requires Drug Free Workplace Programs for all Public Improvement Construction Contracts.
(Required as of July 1, 2008):
Contractors in West Virginia who have public improvement construction contracts are now required to have a Drug Free Workplace Program in place. The law is entitled “The West Virginia Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace Act.” The law can be found in the Code of West Virginia, 1931 §21-1D-1— §21-1D-9. The law is aimed at all businesses who are awarded public improvement contracts with the state of West Virginia. Furthermore, any companies who subcontract with companies awarded public improvement contracts are also subject to the act.
West Virginia Drug-Free Workplace program should contain all of the following elements:
- A written substance abuse policy. We will provide you with a simple “Fill-in-Blank” substance abuse policy. This policy covers all aspects of West Virginia’s Drug Free Workplace Law.
- A substance abuse testing program. You should conduct pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing. We will assist you with locating a drug testing facility in your area.
- Employee Assistance Program. Provide and EAP or some means of posting treatment facilities in your area. We will provide you with an updated list of treatment facilities in your area.
- Employee education. Conduct two hours of employee drug free workplace education per year. We will provide you with our monthly employee training newsletter. The newsletter provides ten minutes of education per month and provides a total of two hours of employee drug education.
- Supervisor training. Conduct two hours of supervisor drug free workplace education per year on how to recognize and document drug abuse in the workplace. We will provide you with a free supervisor training DVD.
Your membership also includes:
- Step-by-Step Guide to implementing a drug-free workplace.
- Reasonable suspicion determination checklist for supervisors.
- Free Drugs Don’t Work posters, window and door stickers.
- Free legal updates on policy changes.
- Free drug-free workplace consultation and assistance in completing the application for certification.
- Access to our drug-free workplace DVD library.
- Employee training newsletter in Spanish.
- Supervisor training newsletter.
Additional Products and Services: Discounted rates on our on-site drug testing products and free on-line training. You can become a certified on-site collector for your company and save hundreds if not thousands of dollars in drug testing cost.