Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Premium Credit Program
There is a 5 percent (5%) workers’ compensation insurance premium discount for those employers who establish a drug-free workplace on the job.
The Law requires that a program must contain all of the following elements:
- A written substance abuse policy. We will provide you with a simple “Fill-in-Blank” substance abuse policy. This policy covers all aspects of Tennessee’s Drug Free Workplace Law.
- A substance abuse testing program. You must conduct pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and post-rehab testing. You must follow the Department of Transportation testing requirements. We will assist you in locating a testing lab and Medical Review Office (MRO).
- Employee Assistance Program. You must provide and EAP or some means of posting treatment facilities in your area. We will provide you with an updated list of treatment facilities in your area.
- Employee education. You must provide two hours of employee drug free workplace education per year. We will provide you with our monthly employee training newsletter. The newsletter provides ten minutes of education per month and provides a total of two hours of employee drug education.
- Supervisor training. You must provide two hours of supervisor drug free workplace education per year on how to recognize and document drug abuse in the workplace. We will provide you with a free supervisor training DVD.
Your membership also includes:
- “Step-by-Step Guide” to Implementing a Drug Free Workplace
- Application for Drug Free Certification
- Reasonable Suspicion Determination Checklist for Supervisors
- Free Drugs Don’t Work Poster, and Window & Door Stickers
- Free Drug Free Workplace Consultation and Assistance in Completing the Application for Certification
- Safe Driver Policy with Acknowledgement Form
- Violence Prevention Policy and Procedure Manual
- Supervisors – Crisis Management Document
- Workplace Accident Procedures & Documentation Form
- Employee training newsletter in Spanish.
- Supervisor training newsletter.