Mississippi Drug Free-Workplace Premium Credit Program
There is a 5 percent (5%) workers’ compensation insurance premium discount for those employers who establish a drug-free workplace on the job.
Self -Insured companies receive the same 5% discount.
Notice: Mississippi’s Workers’ Compensation Commission issued a notice regarding a significant change to the workers’ comp discount/drug testing program. The change essentially shifts full responsibility for administering the program to insurers rather than the state. Click here to view the entire document.
The Law requires that a program must contain all of the following elements:
- A written substance abuse policy. We will provide you with a simple “Fill-in-Blank” substance abuse policy. This policy covers all aspects of Mississippi’s Drug Free Workplace Law.
- A substance abuse testing program. You must conduct pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing. We will assist you with locating a drug testing facility in your area.
- Employee Assistance Program. You must provide and EAP or some means of posting treatment facilities in your area. We will provide you with an updated list of treatment facilities in your area.
- Employee education. You must provide two hours of employee drug free workplace education per year. We will provide you with our monthly employee training newsletter. The newsletter provides ten minutes of education per month and provides a total of two hours of employee drug education.
- Supervisor training. You must provide two hours of supervisor drug free workplace education per year on how to recognize and document drug abuse in the workplace. We will provide you with a free supervisor training DVD.
Your membership also includes:
- Step-by-Step Guide to implementing a drug-free workplace.
- Reasonable suspicion determination checklist for supervisors.
- Free Drugs Don’t Work posters, window and door stickers.
- Free legal updates on policy changes.
- Free drug-free workplace consultation and assistance in completing the application for certification.
- Access to our drug-free workplace DVD library.
- Employee training newsletter in Spanish.
- Supervisor training newsletter.
Additional Products and Services: Discounted rates on our on-site drug testing products and free on-line training. You can become a certified on-site collector for your company and save hundreds if not thousands of dollars in drug testing cost.